SANAA, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- At least 20 Houthi forces were killed when Saudi-led airstrikes hit Houthi reinforcements in Yemen's Marib province, a government military source said on Sunday.
"The airstrikes targeted the reinforcements on Saturday evening at the frontline of Rahabah district, destroying four pick-up vehicles and killing more than 20 people," the source in the frontline told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile, the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV on Saturday reported 17 airstrikes on frontlines of Marib's western districts of Rahabah, Jabal Murad and Sirwah, without providing further details.
Last week, the Houthis advanced into al-Kulah, the center town of Rahabah district, after deadly fighting with the government troops.
The Iran-backed Houthi militia launched in February a major offensive on Marib in an attempt to seize control of the oil-rich province, the last northern stronghold of the Saudi-backed Yemeni government. Enditem